Houston, Beaumont Pedestrian Crossing Injury Lawyer
Drivers give many excuses for hitting pedestrians, but no valid reasons. Most pedestrian accidents did not have to happen, but were caused by the negligence or recklessness of a driver.
Pursuing Compensation for Injured Pedestrians
The attorneys of Daly Law Firm pursue financial compensation for clients who were seriously injured after being hit by a car, or other vehicle while walking. Many people injured while trying to cross the street are children or elderly individuals. However, everyone is at risk from aggressive, distracted or careless drivers. We handle cases that involve:
- Distracted drivers, who were talking or texting, reading a GPS, eating, putting on makeup, or doing anything other than driving.
- Aggressive divers who were speeding or trying to make it through an intersection before the light turned red.
- Drunk drivers who may have hit a person crossing the street, or walking down a sidewalk.
- Careless drivers who failed to check for pedestrians before turning at a stop light or stop sign.
- Police or emergency vehicles that fail to use their sirens or follow other procedures.
We will carefully study all facets of your case to determine what happened and who is responsible for the damages. Then we will pursue the full amount of compensation you deserve for your injuries, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other losses. If the driver who injured you was breaking the law, we may seek punitive damages (those meant to punish) in addition to compensatory damages (those intended to compensate you for losses).
Standing Up for the Rights of Pedestrians
A pedestrian hit by a car has rights. We work diligently to protect them. To arrange a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers, please contact Daly Law Firm by e-mail, or call 281-488-1500. From our office in Houston, we represent clients in southeast Texas, throughout the state and nationwide.